Water Innovation Europe - 2019 Edition
Water meets energy, energy meets water
In our quest for building a European Water-Smart Society, Water Innovation Europe 2019 will turn the limelight to the water-energy nexus. Water and energy are essential for our society and economy and connected through many interdependencies.
Water and energy services are both also addressed by the 2030 Agenda for SDGs with remarkable similar goals and targets which centre around universal access, resource efficiency, renewables and reuse, technology and innovation, and international cooperation.
Water and energy are also highly political topics and key factors in climate change with water more on the adaptation side. But where energy managed over the last decades to become centre stage in the policy debate, water keeps on being taken for granted even-
though the World Economic Forum in 2019 has ranked the water crises for the 8th consecutive year among the top 5 global societal risks in terms of impact. During this conference we will debate on;
- What water services can learn from energy services for the transformation to realize and recognize the value of water for our society and economy.
- Explore the interdependencies between water and energy services;
- How to build environments that will promote cross-fertilization in the management of both resources as well as how water services and energy services can join efforts to achieve a society that is both water-smart and energy-smart!
Water Innovation Europe background
With over 200 participants from all around Europe in every edition, WssTP annual conference ‘Water Innovation Europe’ has grown to become the landmark event of the European water value chain every summer. The event brings together all the aspects of the sector: scientists and technology developers, utility representatives, large water users, European Public authorities, civil society organizations and finance experts. Water Innovation Europe offers an open platform for information gathering and networking among the most influential stakeholders from within and beyond the water sector.
Water Innovation Europe Goals
- Shape Europe’s water future
You will have the unique opportunity to hear from top-notch speakers of the sector and gain new perspectives and insights that will enable you to see opportunities for the future of the water sector.
- Connect and collaborate with your peers
Network, debate and discuss with EU-level decision makers and leading actors and companies from across the whole water value chain, through the conference’s targeted networking and extra speed dating sessions.
- Raise your profile and visibility
Showcase your work and be part of the discussions in front of a targeted pan-European audience. You can also benefit from the conference’s exhibition corner to meet potential clients and partners or, increase your visibility by being one of WIE2019 sponsor.
- Stay ahead of the curve
Learning about new technologies, innovations and projects will allow you to get the vibe of the current and future market trends and how you can take advantage of them.
What they said about Water Innovation Europe
Hotel recommendations for WIE2019
- Gresham Belson Hotel Brussels - ****
Address: Avenue des Anciens Combattants- Oudstrijderslaan 1, 1140 Brussels, Belgium
- Diamant Conference and Business Center – 2 km and a 5 minute drive with complimentary hotel shuttle or a taxi
- Ideally located 2km from the NATO Headquarters, 4km from the European quarter and a 15-minute drive from the Brussels International Airport, which is served by a scheduled and free of charge airport shuttle bus.
WIE participants offer: € 150,00 per single room per night including breakfast, airport shuttle, coffee and tea facilities in the room and Wi-Fi, excluding the city tax. More information on
- Bedford Hotel & Congress Centre - ***
Address: Rue du midi 135-137, B-1000 Brussels
- Hotel Bedford is only 450 metres awayfrom the Grand Place and is located nearby the Royal Palace, famous museums and the main shopping area. Book you stay at our hotel so you can easily access all of the hotspots
WIE participants offer: € 110,00 per single room per night including American buffet breakfast, excluding the city tax. More information on
- Hôtel Novotel Brussels off Grand Place - ****
Address: Rue du Marché aux Herbes 120, Grasmarkt 120, B-1000 Bruxelles-Brussel
- Located in the heart of the city, close to the central station but especially the famous Grand-Place, the Novotel Brussels off Grand'Place hotel is located in the heart of Brussels. St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral, the Royal Galleries St. Hubert, among the oldest shopping malls in Europe and the famous Manneken Pis are 5 minutes walk.
WIE participants offer: € 185,00 - € 215,00 per room for the night for Single Superior rooms, hot & cold breakfast buffet included For booking please contact Ms. Lauriane Marrion, Tel :+32 2 514 33 33, e-mail: H1030-RE@accor.com